Masala Thaleepeeth – Udupi Ruchi Multigrain Dosa
By – Kamakshi Sundaram
- Preparation Time : 20mins
- Cooking Time : 5mins
- Serve : 4-5
- Udupi Ruchi Multigrain Dosa Flour – two cups
- Besan Flour – quarter cup
- Udupi Ruchi Garam Masala – half tea-spoon
- Finely chopped vegetables (cabbage, carrot, capsicum) – one cup
- Finely chopped onion – one medium
- Grated ginger – one tablespoon
- Finely chopped green chilis – two
- Chopped coriander leaves – quarter cup
- Turmeric powder – half tea-spoon
- Ajwain – half tea-spoon
- Roasted Sesame seeds (Til) – one table-spoon
- Salt – add to taste
- Cooking Oil – as required
- Butter – as required
- Take a bowl, Pour the multigrain dosa flour and besan. Add the Garam Masala, grated ginger, chilis, coriander leaves, chopped vegetables, onion, salt, turmeric powder, ajwain, roasted Sesame seeds.
- Add a tablespoon of hot oil to the mixture in the bowl. Sprinkle water and prepare a chapathi dough consistency.
- Heat the tawa.
- On a wet cloth take a small ball of the dough, flatten it like a roti with the hands. Make a hole in the center and invert it on the hot tawa, sprinkle a little water and add oil all around, cover and cook for a minute. Turn and cook on the other side till golden brown on slow heat.
- Remove and server hot with a blob of butter with pickle and yogurt as accomplishments.