Navarathan Kurma –Udupi Ruchi Garam Masala Powder
- Preparation Time : 20mins
- Cooking Time : 30mins
- Serve : 4-5
- Mixes Vegetables – 1 Bowl (Beans, Carrot, Peas, Cauliflower, Corn, Kennel, Pineapple Cubes, Bell Pepper (Capsicum)
- Cashew Nuts – 15
- Rains – 7-8
- Tomato – 1 or 2
- Onion – 2
- Garlic – optional
- Paneer Cubes – optional
- Coriander Powder – ¼ tsp
- Red Chili Powder – ½ tsp
- Udupi Ruchi Garam Masala Powder – ¼ tsp
- Kasoori Methi – a little
- Chop the vegetables and microwave for 5-6mins. Should be crunchy. We can add fresh Pineapple also with it while cooking.
- In a pan add oil to fry onions to golden brown and also fry cashew nuts 8-9.
- Grind after they are cool along with tomatoes into a smooth paste. Tomato puree 1 cups also can be added.
- Add oil in the pan fry the Jeera, cashews and Rains to a golden brown. Add cut capsicums cook in medium flame.
- Add the pan boiled veggies to sauté for 4-5mins.
- Add the ground paste in this and add red chili Powder, Coriander Powder and Garam Masala Powder(Udupi Ruchi) and salt.
- Mix well and boil for 5mins. Add little water, fresh cream and Kasoori Methi and Saffron in the end. Mix well. Boil for 2-3 mins. Can decorate with nuts, Grapes & Daniya leaves. I have no Kasoori Methi, so used daniya leaves only and no Paneer Cubes too.