- Yam – 400 gm
- Desiccated Coconut – ½ Cup
- Pottu Kadalai – ½ Cup
- Sombu, Pattai, Kaskas, Lavang – 1-2(each)
- Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – a pinch
- Ginger Garlic Paste – ½ tsp
- Curry Leaves – 2-3
- Coriander leaves – 3-4
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Udupi Ruchi Garam Masala Powder – 2 tsp
- First grated the yam and soak it in 3 cups of water, after 5 mins drain the Yam to remove all the starch and add the coconut, chilli powder, cut onion, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Heat the tick bottom kadai, heat 3 tsp of oil add pattai, lavang, curry leaves, finely cut onions and the rest of ingredients mixes it to Yam, After 10mins add Udupi Ruchi Garam Masala Powder and stir well. Finally add the pottu kadalai and sauté for 5 mins, when its gets Yam Podimas is ready, fragrant you will know that.
This excellent recipe can be serving with Rasam Rice, Sambar Rice or Curd Rice.
This is the best way to get children to just eat, but ask for more of the yummy Yam ness.